Get the latest strategic, political and market intelligence shaping the future of solar in Europe
The adoption of a strong European renewable target of at least 32% by 2030, combined with the recent removal of solar trade duties on PV panels, are paving the way for a new European solar boom. Solar Power Europe is forecasting strong market growth in Europe, with the demand for solar expected to grow over 60% in 2018.
With this changing European energy landscape, shaped by decreasing technology costs, breakthrough innovations, and national and international policy developments, how will companies position themselves in this new solar era? Has the European Union succeeded in bringing its energy transition to the next level? Will Europe become a global leader in solar again? Will solar energy thrive in a subsidy-free era? How can the enormous opportunities that lie ahead be successfully captured?
Answers to these and many more questions are likely to be found at the annual SolarPower Summit, which takes place in Brussels on 6-7 March 2019. Here, you will be able to get the latest strategic, political and market intelligence shaping the future of solar in Europe. The event is likely to attract over 300 leading industry representatives, sector analysts and high-level policymakers for one of the most important solar energy events of the year.
Selected speakers (some still to be confirmed)
- Maroš Šefčovič, Vice President for Energy Union, European Commission
- Miguel Arias Cañete , Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy, European Commission
- Paula Abreu Marques, Head of Renewables & CCS Unit, DG ENERGY
- Fatih Birol, Executive Director, Technology and Outlooks, IEA
- Leonardo Botti, Global Head of Product Management, ABB
- Francesco La Camera, Director-General, IRENA
- Leah Charpentier, Head of European Regulatory Affairs & Government Relations, First Solar
Selected key topics
- The role of solar energy in the decarbonisation of the European economy
- The future of the European solar market
- Is Europe ready to become an industrial leader?
- Digital solar and energy storage
- How can Building Integrated PV lead to smarter, greener European cities?
- Will Ecodesign make or break the solar industry?
- Solar mobility – Solar in the driver’s seat
- Unlocking the potential of large-scale solar in Europe
- Latest trends and innovations in solar O&M
- Emerging markets – a new El Dorado for solar businesses
- How can corporate sourcing drive new solar PV?
Look back at last year’s event
Register for this year’s event